Digital Fabric was started by Gavin Olivier after 15 years of contracting in a diverse range of markets from Corporate Audio Visual to Theatrical lighting and effects. This diversity in experience forms the backbone of what Digital Fabric is able to offer today.
Formed in 2004, Digital Fabric rapidly became the leading consultants in the field of museum, visitor attraction and heritage work. The last four years have seen projects from the far reaches of Limpopo to the tip of Table Mountain, covering diverse topics ranging from Ancient San Rock Art to modern day Beer Making.
Some of the significant highlights include:
- South Africa’s first museum installation of HD video servers.
- Installation of Africa’s first 4D cinema.
- Installation of the world’s first Christie native HD projector in
a visitor attraction environment.
- First ever outing for London Natural History Museum’s
animatronic dinosaurs in
- Appointment to the Nelson Mandela House project, Soweto